Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Happy Mother's Day ~ 5.6.11

Hi guys,
Some of you have written asking for your weekly update, so sorry for the delay.  :-)  I'm so glad to know that you're enjoying my little missives about this incredible journey I (we) now find ourselves on.  I've had a pretty good week wrapping up week #13.  That means tomorrow begins week #14 - the start of my second trimester!!!!  WOO HOO!
Mommy arrived on Saturday and I can't begin to tell you what a blessing she has been. She has gone with me to my doctor's appointments and held my hand and marveled at the beauty of modern day technology.  She was in total awe of seeing The Baby for the first time on the ultrasound.  Oh, and by the way, The Baby has inherited my sleep gene.  The technician tried to wake the baby up to no avail.  When the baby did wake up, (s)he moved about for 1-2 minutes, then almost instantaneously went back to sleep.  It was the weirdest thing.  One minute The Baby was moving around, then the next the baby was sound asleep.  That's my girl/boy!  :-)   I had my first trimester testing to test for potential genetic problems.  I am already claiming that my tests will come back 100% normal and this baby will be born healthy, happy and a lil bit sleepy.  :-)  And I thank you for your prayers for the same.
I want to wish you all a Happy Mother's Day!  Mommy has informed me that I cannot celebrate Mother's Day this year (and that I have to cook dinner for her), but that's OK.  It's a blessing and an honor to spend one day taking care of her.  Since she has been here, she has made her world famous oatmeal for me every morning, has dinner ready for me in the evening and ALWAYS has a word of encouragement for me.  She has truly set the bar high for me to emulate.  The Baby will be a true superstar if I can be half the mother to him/her as my Mommy is to me.  *sniff sniff*
So, hugs and kisses to you all! 
Tshombe...Skip & The Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment