Sunday, April 22, 2012

My name is Tshombe...

...and I am a perpetrator.  There, I said it!  What am I perpetrating, you ask?  I'm perpetrating that I'm still pregnant!  Well, minus the throwing up in random parking lots, of course.  I'm perpetrating because on occasion (every weekend), I still sport some of my maternity clothes!  They are so darn comfy.  Truth be told I am probably fooling no one because I do not look the least bit pregnant.  Thanks to gestational diabetes, my 6 week postpartum weight was 20 pounds less than my first prenatal visit.  But, who cares!?!  I cannot stop myself from wearing my "grey prison dress," which was my go to get up after I got off of work and on the weekends.  It's the perfect weight, it's not too clingy, it was even perfect for my daily walks when I couldn't squeeze my big belly into exercise gear.  Yes, I do wish it was a bit more fashionable and didn't make me look like my name is "Inmate #782534R," but, it's a small price to pay for comfort.  I have yet to find a "regular" dress as comfy as this.  I think there's an untapped market for "transition" clothes for new moms to wear after they've given birth, but are too freakin' busy with a baby to care about sporting the latest fashion.  So, what say you ladies?  Am I crazy or have you done this as well?

Me (in The Grey Dress) & Big D

No comments:

Post a Comment