Wednesday, April 4, 2012

T minus 10! ~ 9.2.11

Hi peeps,

First of all, THANK YOU so much for the love and support you've shown me and my family over the past few weeks as we've coped with my grandmother's passing.  The e-mail messages that you sent were so special and life-affirming of her impact that she had on me and our entire family.  So, I sincerely thank you all.  While I'm sad that she won't be here to see Little Sister grow up, I truly hope that she inherits her spunky, feisty personality.  :-)  Many, many MBS stories were shared over the last few weeks ranging from guns in ovens to selfless sacrifice.  My grandmother had many "dynamic layers" and we're going to miss them all.

Today I hit week #30!  WOOT WOOT!  To be honest, enthusiasm via e-mail is about as much enthusiasm as I can muster these days.  Calling it the "third trimester" is a misnomer; it should be called The Beatdown!  My fatigue is pretty bad, unfortunately.  My doc explained that the baby is sucking up all of our iron to make her red blood cells, so I just have to deal with it.  It's all part of the process that I am "embracing."  But as Miss R says, "for real, for real" I am dog tired!

But, I know who is NOT tired...Little Sister.  She is one active little pumpkin.  She is as snug as a bug in a rug and doing well.  I go to the doc every two weeks now and I'm able to hear her little heartbeat each time.  It's music to my ears.  And as usual, I feel her swirling and twirling about in my tummy.  She has also gotten in a few good jabs, but I'll let her slide.  :-)

So this weekend is the shower!  I'm so excited to see my family and friends.  I haven't been much of a social butterfly since I got pregnant because I had bad fatigue in the beginning and now at the end.  And with changing jobs, moving, and life in general, I've been sticking pretty close to home.  So, I say that to say that I am really looking forward to seeing family and friends from far and NEAR this weekend!  Rumor has it that the karaoke machine is en route as we speak, so watch out now!  Although I'm soooo out of breath these days, I will have to tackle Rapper's Delight again to shock and awe Daddy.  :-)  And, J.D. is gonna have to will herself from her sickbed so that we can give an encore performance of Baby Got Back (Oh my gawd, Becky...look at her butt!).  I've also heard from a reliable source that someone is planning to rock The Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love.  I can't wait!  On Saturday night we're planning to have dinner at a wonderful tapas place that I was introduced to earlier this week.  It's called Eclipse di Luna - Miami Circle location (www.eclipsediluna.com).  The food is fantastic and it's a fun atmosphere.  So, you'd like to join us, you're more than welcome!

I wish you all traveling grace as you travel to Atlanta to celebrate Little Sister or wherever you're headed this much needed holiday weekend. 

Much love to you ALL!!!
Tshombe, Little Sister, and Skip!

No comments:

Post a Comment