Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Nine Down! ~ 4.9.11

The Baby just completed nine weeks and we're off to week ten!  Unfortunately this week did not pass without incident.  :-(  It was quite the rollercoaster.  I had an episode of bleeding, but luckily this happened right as I was heading to my first OB appointment.  My doctor was beyond phenomenal in calming my frayed nerves.  And what started off as a nerve-wracking appointment ended in all smiles as he showed me my itty bitty baby on ultrasound.  It's truly a miracle and I am so thankful.  I can't thank Dr. T enough for recommending Dr. Brown.  So, I've spent the last few days in bed taking it easy.  Nurse Chip is on the j-o-b as usual and is taking care of his mama.  :-)  Daddy-O has been a trooper too and has happily humored my frequent grocery store run requests for watermelon, watermelon and MORE WATERMELON!!!  :-)

Next week I'm off to See Baby (www.seebaby.org) for another ultrasound and a discussion with the doctor about first trimester testing.  Since I'm AMA (advanced maternal age) - a nice way to say I'm an "old mama," they well probably recommend different tests to make sure that everything is OK with the baby.  I'm torn about this.  If any of you have gone through this (amniocentesis or CVS), please share your experience with me.

So, thanks for all the love, concern and PRAYERS that you've sent my way.  I truly appreciate it!

Love,
Tshombe

No comments:

Post a Comment