Friday, April 6, 2012

Isn't it all "me time"?

"Me time" was a foreign concept to me before Little Sister's arrival.  Prior to that, I was a footloose and fancy free, single girl in the city who relished her independence.  I didn't have to answer to anyone, except Skip!, and he was straight after a bellyrub and a treat.  Well, those days are o-ver.  While I love spending time with Little Sister, I'm finding that a few hours of alone time each week helps me stay balanced while juggling work and family responsibilities.  Tonight, Little Sister and Daddy-O got to get in some good bonding time while I visited Bernard, my favorite stylist.  The awesome scalp massage was just what the doctor ordered to help release the tension of the day.  While I am hardly a high maintenance "diva" type, I think I'll be treating myself and sharing my "me time" with Bernard for a scalp massage and style regularly.  Never underestimate the power of taking care of yourself.  As they instruct you on the airline pre-flight instructions, put on your oxygen mask first so that you're then prepared to take care of others.

"Me Time" Headquarters

1 comment:

  1. Good post, and good for you, Mama! With uno bambino I used to do pretty good with my "me time" balancing act. Add another kiddo to the mix (and a preemie at that!), and my "me time goose" was cooked for a bit. I feel so much better when I take that time, and I'm a better mother and friend because of it. Back in the saddle again....

    ReplyDelete