Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It's A Girl!!! ~ 6.3.11

OK, I know that's old news for you guys, but I still love to say it.  This week and last week have been pretty awesome.  A lot of firsts for Little Sister.  B is her middle name, first name is undecided.  But, I can give you a hint...it's not Clara, Daisy or Wilbur.  :-)  Little Sister attended her first concert (Incognito) last week with  and had a blast.  She also traveled to Florida for the first time to take Mommy back home.  :-(  We're on our own now until the Fall.  And she heard her grandaddy's voice for the first time when he surprised us in Florida with a haul of mangoes and lychee nuts!!  We were both happy campers.
I had two doc appointments yesterday.  The perinatalogist did detailed measurements of her organs and all is well.  Her brain is perfect.  It looks like a little butterfly.  It's estimated that she weighs 5 oz.  Her little legs look like frog legs.  It's the coolest thing.  Modern technology is amazing.  I had blood drawn for my second trimester testing, which will reconfirm the results from the first round of tests and will test for other potential genetic problems.  But, we're claiming 100% normal results again!  :-)  I go back in 4 weeks to discuss the test results and for a fetal echocardiogram to ensure that her heart is developing properly.  So we are cruising into week #17.
On another note, I'll probably be headed to Miami next week to see my Grandmother.  She's not doing well, so I ask all of you to keep her in your prayers.  One of my greatest wishes is for her to be able to hold and kiss my little pumpkin.  I pray that it is His will for this to happen.
And as Bartles & Jaymes famously quipped...THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Much love,
Tshombe...and Little Sister  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment