Wednesday, April 4, 2012

To everything there is a season... ~ 9.19.11

READ FIRST: http://odb.org/2011/09/19/seasons-of-ups-and-downs/

Hi peeps! 

Brrrr...it's getting chilly out there, which to me means so much.  Not only are the atmospheric seasons changing, but personal season changes are fast approaching as Daddy-O and I approach the new Season of Parenthood.  We are both eagerly awaiting the arrival of Little Sister...we can't wait to see her sweet little face, give her hugs, kisses & snuggles and embark upon the journey of raising this little girl to whom God has entrusted us.  It's an awesome, and totally overwhelming, feeling.  From the moment I found out I was pregnant, her well-being has been at the forefront of my mind.  This feeling is one which I've heard from you parents never really subsides.   I was reminded of this last week when Mommy and I made a quick trip to CA.  As soon as we landed, I had to head to headquarters to network and start building relationships with my west coast peers.  The activities included a dinner meeting (which I thoroughly enjoyed even though I could not partake in the free flowing libations), so I didn't get back to the hotel room until after 9:30p PST.  I was met at the door by Mommy exclaiming, "There you are!  I was about to start calling to find out where my child was!"  So, nevermind the fact that I told her that I had a dinner meeting or that I've lived independently for the past 25+ years, when a parent is out of touch with their chickees, the antennae go up.  I would have been interested to know exactly who she would have called, but I didn't press the issue.  :-)

When I think of seasons, especially the newly arrived Fall season, I think of harvest. And when I think of harvest, I think of all the love and support that you have showered upon and nourished me with as I approach parenthood.  Every kind word & thought, every phone call, every prayer, every card and gift, Bed, Bath & Beyond coupon, and every dinner at Whole Foods has helped to prepare me for this momumental (that was a typo, but I think "MOMumental" is just as appropriate as "monumental") change in season that is fast approaching.  This was particularly evident a few weeks ago when my big sisters and Miss R hosted a beautiful baby shower.  THANK YOU so much to all of you who joined us or send treats and a special thank you for those who made an even larger personal sacrifice to come to ATL from out of town to wish us well.  We had a wonderful time celebrating Little Sister's impending arrival.  Who knew there were so many karaoke addicts among us?!?  :-) Little Sister has a fantastic foundation for her library.  There will not be a lack of reading material in this house, that's for sure!  Many tears were shed as we reflected upon the life of my grandmother AND as we rejoiced for the baby.  Just as the bloom on a flower fades to make room for new blossoms, we've accepted that letting go and saying good-bye is just as important as saying hello and welcoming in precious new family members.

Now that I'm back from CA, Operation Little Sister Preparation is in full swing.  Coming up on the agenda are lots of trips to Target & Buy Buy Baby, more unpacking :-(, childbirth & breastfeeding classes, figuring out carseats, figuring out strollers, deciding cloth vs. disposable, cleaning and NESTING!  With less than 8 weeks left, the reality is finally sinking in that I'M NOT READY!!!  So, be prepared for random e-mails during the middle of the night pondering my child's carbon footprint if I decide upon disposable vs. cloth.  Some of you have already received such late night missives and your reply has been GO TO SLEEP!  :-)

So, I wish you all a happy Monday and I hope that you have a blessed week!

Much love,
Tshombe, Little Sister & Skip!

P.S. In case you're wondering, I'm still wearing my pink tiara.  It has lost a bit of it's fluff, but that's OK.  :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment