Tuesday, April 3, 2012

No great thing is created suddenly... ~ 6.24.11

"No great thing is created suddenly.  There must be time.  Give your best and always be kind." ~ Epictetus

Truer words have never been spoken.  This quote really speaks to me this week as I enter week #20 - THE HALFWAY POINT!  So far the worst thing about my pregnancy has been THE WAIT!  I cannot wait to see what Little Sister is gonna look like.  Will she have the B lightbulb head?  Will she have BIG eyebrows?   Next year this time will she have Daddy-O's front teeth gap?  Will she be born wearing glasses and reading a book?  Don't laugh...it's not outside the realm of possibilities.  :-)  But, I know the wait is all part of the process and the possibilities are endless...

Little Sister had a fantastic visit from Auntie D last week.  It was so good to see and hug my big sister!  We had a great day after I talked her into ditching her Saturday conference sessions.  I'm all about ditching conferences to shop, eat, relax, shoot the breeze...right Ally-Oop?  :-)  I even talked Daddy-O into ditching work to hang out with us for a while.

So, I started the new gig last week.  Today marks the end of week #2.  Yes, now I'm in the habit of counting weeks for everything.  :-)  I really, really, really, like it.  The people are nice, the work is rewarding and they have a filtered water/ice machine in the break room (it's the little things).  Big Sister has suggested that I buy flavored syrup to make sno-cones at work.  :-)  I've spent the last two weeks getting oriented, meeting with my team and learning more about the organization.  We had our first staff meeting on Wednesday and I shared that I was pregnant.  I knew it was time because I was getting looks like, "Is she or isn't she?," so I put an end to the curious glances.  They were all very excited for me.  I feel like this will be a place where I will work for the next several years. I'm already making plans to foster collaborative relationships between my new team and my former colleagues at the State to work on some "cool stuff."   

Many of you have asked for updates on my grandmother.  She is now in an assisted living facility.  She has good days and bad days.  :-(  Please continue to hold her in your prayers.  Mommy is down in Miami with her.  Keep her in your prayers too.  She'll soon be returning to ATL to begin Operation Grandma Extraordinaire for the 10th time!  :-)

Wishing you all a fun and fabulous weekend.  Stay cool and drink lots of water!!!

Love,
Tshombe, Little Sister...and Skip!

P.S. I was chastised last time for forgetting to add Skip! to the signature line.  SORRY!  It won't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment